Kindergarten Application Process:
Dear Parents of Prospective Kindergarten Students,
Thank you for your interest in Tilden School. Applications for kindergarten in the 2020-21 school year are now open. We ask that you complete and return all application materials linked below by March 4, 2020, along with a non-refundable $50 registration fee. If we do not receive all application materials and the registration fee from you by that date, we will assume you are no longer interested and will remove your name from our interest list.
On March 11, 2020, acceptance letters will be mailed to parents of students for whom we have a space. Upon acceptance, we require a non-refundable two-month tuition deposit of $2180 ($2092 for siblings) (your May/June tuition payments – see the tuition schedule) by March 25, 2020. Since we only require this deposit from students for whom we actually have room, we will offer your spot to the next person on the wait list if we have not received your $2180 tuition deposit by March 25, and will remove your child’s name from the kindergarten list. On March 11th, we will also contact parents of students on the wait list to let them know their status.
If you haven’t had the opportunity to visit Tilden, please plan to do so as soon as possible. We require a parent visit to the school before applications will be considered. Our administrator, Monica Riva, will be happy to schedule a parent visit time for you on a Wednesday morning. You may contact her at (206) 938-4628, or via email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give Monica a call.
Thank you for your interest in Tilden School.
Please note: The deadline for returning all forms, birth certificate, and immunization record is March 4, 2020.
(Printable paper checklist)
2141 45th Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98116
- Visit Tilden. We require a parent visit to the school before applications will be considered.
- Read The Journey Begins.
- Review the F.A.Q.
- Complete the New Kindergarten Student Application and Kindergarten Admission Evaluation: Parent Response Unfortunately, there is no way to save the form partially-completed, so we strongly suggest you look at the paper versions to know ahead of time what information you’ll need. (If you prefer, you may download, print, and fill out the paper versions, and mail them at the address above, or bring them in.)
- Provide your child’s current preschool teacher, or daycare specialist, with a link to the Kindergarten Admission Evaluation: Response Form for Preschool Teacher (Or you may download, print, and provide the teacher with this paper version and a stamped envelope addressed to Tilden School at the mailing address (above). The preschool teacher will return the form directly to us.) Although Tilden School is not a PNAIS school, if the teacher is filling out the Common Teacher Evaluation Form for a PNAIS school on behalf of the child, he or she may copy and submit that form instead to Tilden School.
- Email a scan of your child’s birth certificate and immunization record to Tilden School, or mail paper copies. (Your physician’s office may also fax a copy to us at (206) 937-5205.)
- Mail or bring in a check for the $50 NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee (waived for siblings).