Activities at ASE augment and reinforce learning, social skills, and expected school behavior.
- Monday-Friday, 3:00-6:00pm
- No after-school enrichment on days Tilden is not in session or has half-days
Outdoor Learning (weather permitting)
Exercise and Social Learning:
At least three supervisors encourage, referee, supervise, and facilitate conflict resolution, in the play yard (or at the park across the street), for:
- individual and group activities
- practice with cooperation & fair play
- play with balls, skippies, ropes, hula hoops, and other equipment
- child-directed imaginative play
Adults provide assistance as requested.
Social Interaction (mixed age):
Students play together across grade levels, in imaginative play, construction, and tabletop and other structured games, requiring cooperation, strategy, and concentration.
Independent Choice Reading:
A rich selection of books, including fiction and non-fiction at all reading levels, is available.
We provide abundant materials, including glue, staplers, TAPE! , pens, pencils, colored pencils, and a variety of papers for imaginative creations.
Manipulatives and Toys:
Students build, sort, arrange, count, and pretend with buttons, Lego pieces, plastic characters, etc.
Jasper occasionally brings his guitar on Fridays.
- Drop-in: no need to sign up ahead of time
- $9.00 per hour
- Families are charged on the hour for full hours, and the fee is not pro-rated for fractional hours.
Any child not picked up by 3:10 p.m. is enrolled in the enrichment program from 3:10 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., or later if needed, and families are charged for the hours utilized.